Accommodation and Transportation
IMPORTANT: READ THIS FIRST.
1) If you haven't book the shuttle service yet (round trip between SLC airport and Snowbird) and you plan to do so, you should NOT book the shuttle service while booking your lodging using the special code ACM614 (which shows only the standard shuttle rate at $72 per person). Instead, to get the discount shuttle rate at $38 per person, you should do one of the followings:
- A. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a credit card information for payment, the flight details in/out of SLC (arrival and departure time and flight number), and the number of people traveling together with you and need the shuttle service. You do need to have a confirmed lodging reservation with the ACM/SIGMOD group (i.e., do the lodging reservation with the code ACM614 first but DON'T book the shuttle service through the hotel booking site). You also need to clearly state that you are with the ACM/SIGMOD group in your email.
- B. Or, you can call the number 800-453-3000 and supply the above information.
2) If you HAVE ALREADY booked the shuttle service at the standard rate $72 per person, you need to send an email to email@example.com or call the number 800-453-3000 to ask for a refund of the price difference between the standard rate and the conference discount rate ($72-$38=$34 per person). You need to state that you are with the ACM/SIGMOD group.
3) Parking is free for SIGMOD attendees at Snowbird if you plan to come with your own vehicle or a rental car.
The 2014 ACM SIGMOD/PODS Conference will be held at "The Cliff Lodge" in the Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. For the ACM SIGMOD/PODS 2014 attendees, we have reserved a block of rooms at the Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. You must make your reservation using the dedicated booking site.
IMPORTANT: You need to use the code ACM614 to get the special conference rate and a discount on the shuttle to Snowbird.
UPDATE: Snowbird is filled over the night of June 24 (other nights are still available) for most room types (only larger loft condos and studio sofa sleeper rooms are available). Please phone Snowbird reservations to discuss the last few room types with them. Overflow rooms are available at Alta Lodge, which is one mile from Snowbird.
Here is the Alta Lodge information. Info@altalodge.com ACM group rate: $110.00 + tax: includes hotel shuttle to and from Snowbird (NOT AIRPORT SHUTTLE) RES #: 800-707-2582, open 8am-4pm daily Airport shuttle arrangements can be made through the Alta Lodge reservation agent Info@altalodge.com
Please do not use other general booking sites, which may show that the Cliff Lodge as fully booked.
The hotel will continue to accept reservations, at the group rate after the cutoff date, pending availability of guest rooms.
The hotel will also honor all early arrivals and stay-overs at the group rate as long as rooms are available.
Snowbird is a mountain ski and summer resort. The list of amenities of this resort includes
- resort-wide wireless internet service, room service, concierge and a state-licensed daycare facility,
- the Cliff Spa features over 30 treatment and salon services, yoga studio, fitness center, rooftop pool and hot tub, and
- 360-degree views of the Wasatch mountains.
Many attractions, parks, and recreational areas -- including the Yellowstone, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Great Basin, Canyonlands, and Arches national parks -- are within a one day drive. Since several events can run concurrently in the majority of the year, booking in advance is strongly suggested.